Sunday, November 21, 2010

How this ride came to be...

"...I have always dreamt of riding to places where other people my age would not dare go. So one morning in June 2010 while having breakfast at Giant Store (in the mountains of San Mateo Rizal and a familiar destination of many mountain bikers) with my son, I broached the idea of riding with a group to Baguio and lo and behold, suddenly he talked to his friend and then his friend asked me about it and I eventually was forced and ended up organizing this epic ride.

At first I could not imagine that I would be able to make it but with the enthusiasm of riders older than me like Mang Bay (Roberto Nazareno Sr, 68 years old) made me firm in my commitment to finish this epic ride. With a lot of support from my wife and friends including my boss and office mates, I have made a covenant with myself to really do my best to prepare for this seemingly impossible ride..."






- An excerpt from an Ageless Warrior's write-up.


"Imagine that.. this 5-months-in-the-making ride started out over the table with spam and instant noodles. At first, the idea was all good as it was agreed upon by a circle of bike friends... a week later after that... During the Ipo Tree Planting ride organized by KKK, word got to Erwin about the plan on ascending to the City of Pines... and a few days later, Danthat (Edan Empaniado) got the news and finally it was set...

Dan suggested of a good way to start the training, and that was to have a taste of Sierra Madre. Tony and the group agreed to this. But unlikely... the first Sierra Madre Loop, turned out to be Sierra Madre Lo.ooops!  Unprepared we all had to go back... but that was just the start of the challenge that gave birth to a Never-Ending Fighting Spirit. A common trait of every Ageless Warrior..."

- An excerpt from an Ageless Warrior's write up

No comments:

Post a Comment